1. Name and contact details of the person responsible
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Responsible: Martina Schütz,
Congress und Presse (hereinafter: Congress und Presse)
Telefon: +49/228/34 74 98
Telefax: +49/228/34 98 15
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the type and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.campusofthefuture.eu, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server on our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the file accessed,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned are processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website,
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
b) When registering for our newsletter
Insofar as you, in accordance with Art. 6 Par. a DSGVO, have expressly consented, we use your email address to regularly send you our newsletter. An email address is sufficient to receive the newsletter.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send your unsubscribe request at any time to email@example.com by email.
c) When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using the form provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address and your name so that we know who the request came from and to be able to answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR based on your voluntarily given consent.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after your request has been dealt with.
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- You have given your expressed consent pursuant to Art. 6 Para. a DSGVO,
- the disclosure according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that for the transfer according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR there is a legal obligation, as well as
- this is legally permissible and according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR is required for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Information is stored in the cookie, which is the result of the connection with the specific device used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness, which are stored on your device for a specific period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you have already visited us and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies are for the purposes mentioned to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR required.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. The complete deactivation of cookies however can mean that you cannot use all functions of our website.
5. Affected rights
You have the right:
- To request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can obtain information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a Right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data, unless it was collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, if necessary, meaningful information about its details;
- To request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us without delay in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- According to Art. 17 GDPR, to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for fulfilling a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims is required;
- To demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, provided that the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it and we no longer need the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or need to defend legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- According to Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transmission to another responsible person;
- To revoke your consent given to us at any time in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future and
- To complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our office.
6. Right to object
If your personal data based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR is processed, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 21 GDPR, provided there are reasons for this that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we will implemented without the need for further clarification.
If you would like to exercise your right of withdrawal or objection, an email to firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient.
7. Data security
We use the widespread SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedure in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status or menu bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
8. Up-to-dateness and change of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and was last updated in February 2020.
Due to the further development of our website and offers about it or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can access and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on the website at https://www.campusofthefuture.eu/privacy-policy/.